The Virtual Consulting Firm – TheVCF.com

Let Us Help You Market, Manage, and Grow! Your Business Today!

2020 Lessons Learned + 2021 Goals

Home Forums Stocks Lessons Learned Trading 2020 Lessons Learned + 2021 Goals

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michael DeVries
    Keymaster

A Topic for Sharing and Discussing Your Lessons Learned from trading in 2020 and Your Goals for Your trading in 2021.

To help get us started … the following are my Lessons Learned from trading in 2020 and my Goals for trading in 2021 …

My Lessons Learned(/ing) from trading in 2020:
    1) Focus more on Risk/Reward than trying to catch the bottom/cheapest or top/highest price or (just) focusing on the price of the stock.
    2) Exclude stocks with outstanding Bid Price Non-Compliance notices / at risk of Reverse Split(s)
    3) Try to identify (and avoid) stocks at risk of future Offerings by a) checking SEC Filings b) comparing Shares Outstanding to Shares Float, etc.
    4) Take partial profits and let some ride for higher gains on winners.
    5) Best Performance in 2020 on “turn around stories”, e.g. GE, DDD, ACB.
    6) Webull is Great/Preferred for “stress free trading” / trading while still having to work a full time job (= Just Over Broke), due to the ability to use GTC (Good Til Cancel) orders that are active during Extended Hours (EH).

My Goals for 2021 and beyond:
    1) Continue to improve on #1 – #6 above 😉
    2) Figure out how to profitably (day) trade Pre-Market (PM) and After Hours (AH).
    3) Make decisions quicker / hesitate on/miss opportunities less.
    4) Take advantage of (big) market corrections, like in March 2020.

To be continued …

Thoughts and/or feedback on my Lessons Learned from 2020 or Goals for 2021 anyone?

What are Your Lessons Learned from trading in 2020?

What are Your Goals for your trading in 2021?

Please Share them all herein for Everyone’s Benefit, ok?

I hope this all helps (?) Good Luck all! and Have a Great Trading New Year / 2021!

– Michael S. DeVries

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.